A Global Climate Change (animation) Final Sci Vis (scientific visualization) Project for junior year. Each person in the class had to pick a topic in science and make a video on it, so I chose this. I used 3d max for all the animations and edited in Adobe Premier. Thanks to DR. Thomas who taught me everything I need to know to save the world Audio used in this video: -Coldplay's and String Quartet's "In My Place" -Discovery Channel Radio's "Global Warming" -Alex Wurman's score from "March of the Penguins"
Fault Lines - The other debt crisis: Climate debt On this edition of Fault Lines, Avi Lewis travels to Bolivia to explore the country's climate crusade from the inside.
What is Normal? Climate Video Part 1 A critique of catastrophic man-made global warming theory
David Mitchell deals with Climate Change WATCH MORE GREAT SHOWS AT David discusses why tackling climate change is always presented to us by people who either tell us off or patronisingly try to convince us that tackling it is "cool" or "fun", when actually it's just something we have to do, because of facts.
5. Climate Change -- isn't it natural? More urban myths about climate change are busted as I look at the Earth's climate over the last 500 million years. What causes it to change? Since carbon dioxide was much higher in the past, why do climatologists say higher CO2 now poses a problem? And of course there's the familiar myth that CO2 can't influence temperatures because the climate was much colder in the past when carbon dioxide levels were much higher. REFERENCES "CO2-forced climate thresholds during the Phanerozoic" -- DL Royer, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Dec 2006 "Celestial driver of Phanerozoic climate?" -- N. Shaviv and J. Veizer, GSA Today, 2003 "Bathymetric and isotopic evidence for a short-lived late Ordovician glaciation in a greenhouse period" -- Brenchley et al, Geology; April 1994 "Reconciling Late Ordovician (440 Ma) glaciation with very high (14X) CO2 levels" -- CROWLEY TJ ; BAUM SK, Journal of Geophysical Research 1995 "An atmospheric pCO2 threshold for glaciation in the Late Ordovician" -- MT Gibbs et. al, Geology; May 1997 "A weathering hypothesis for glaciation at high atmospheric pCO2 during the Late Ordovician." -- LR Kump et al, Palaeoclimatology alaeogeography Palaeoecology 1999 "Long-lived glaciation in the Late Ordovician? Isotopic and se- quence-stratigraphic evidence from western Laurentia" -- MR Saltzman,SA Young, Geology; February 2005 Graph at 2:28 showing increasing solar output taken from James Imamura at the University of Oregon Dept of Physics, jersey.uoregon.edu "Solar ...
Sir David Attenborough: The Truth About Climate Change The legendary broadcaster and naturalist Sir David Attenborough was long unsure about the causes of the observed climate warming. In his documentary, The Truth About Climate Change, he sheds doubt and explains what convinced him. Climate models based on purely natural processes such as solar activity and volcanic eruptions fail to explain the observed change in Earth's climate in the latter part of the 20th century. Models factoring in the human impact, that is, the increase of carbon dioxide in the athmosphere, depict the transpired warming accurately, however.
7. Climate Change - "Those" e-mails and science censorship Are climatologists censoring scientific journals and silencing alternative hypotheses on climate change? This is the second part of my look at the hacked/stolen e-mails from the Climatic Research Unit in the UK. I welcome intelligent opinions in the forum, but please refrain from posting the same inane comment a dozen times. Debates in science aren't settled by those who argue the longest or the loudest, but by the accuracy of facts and the consistency of hypotheses with the facts.
RAP NEWS 3: Lord Monckton rap-battles Al Gore on Climate Change Rap News - episode 3: Al Gore finally accepts Lord Monckton's challenge to a highly uncivilized debate over the issue of anthropogenic climate change, as we count down to the Copenhagen Climate Conference - aka COP15 - in a special extended edition of ~RapNews, . Is it all just a lie spread by the NWO so that Obama can sign a treaty to cede US sovereignty and usher in a one-world government to Cap-&-Trade tax innocent carbon emitters and SUV drivers like you and me? Or are we truly ***ed, as the latest science seems to suggest, and feedback loops will bring about environmental, social and economic meltdown and collapse before the next season of *** and the City? Explore these issues, and more, with your charming host - Robert Foster. re: Climate-gate: this vid was posted a few days before this incident took place - which is why no mention of it is made (no conspiracy of silence here!). As several viewers have rightly brought this up, here is what we think: The 'conspiracy' is right in front of our eyes, not hidden in emails and behind firewalls. ------------------------- Further reading: Indigenous Peoples' Global Summit on Climate Change - Anchorage, Alaska (April 2009): Monckton's 'Treaty' (aka 'UN Framework Convention on Climate Change' Work in Progress Paper). Lord Monckton urges you to read this, because it contains the word 'government': *********************** Download MP3 and Lyrics and find out more: website ...
Climate-Gate (Alex Jones) Hackers break into University emails and uncover the global warming conspiracy. Mainstream media is whitewashing this story -- so it is up to us to get this info out! Link to this video, Digg it, make your own responses, tweet, and do everything you can to expose this international conspiracy. http
'Never mind the heat, climate change is hoax by gravy-train scientists' Russia's deadly wildfires, the smog-filled cities and poor harvest, are being seen by some environmentalists as signs of man-made climate change. But Piers Corbyn of the Weather Action Foundation says the heatwave is only down to climate cycles...
6. Climate Change -- Those hacked e-mails Now that the conspiracy theorists have blown off steam, it's time for a more sober ***ysis of those e-mails and what they mean. I can't go through all of them, there are far too many, and . So I've taken the two that seem to be getting conspiracy theorists most worked up -- Phil Jones's e-mail about "Mike's Nature trick" and Kevin Trenberth's e-mail about a "travesty." I'm glad to see that skeptic websites that cover the science understand what these e-mails actually mean. As you'll see, very few commentators who jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon even before reading the e-mails managed to get it right. The Trenberth paper can be found at www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov
Google Earth Climate Introductory Tour (short version) Short 2-minute version of the Google Earth Climate introductory tour narrated by Al Gore. Learn more at
Climate Change - reducing our carbon footprint i think i've found the answer... original video here:
What We Know about Climate Change Support Climate Denial Crock of the Week - go to This is the same video as "What do we know about Climate Change?", except it has a small typo -- I've left it up since so many places already have it embedded. In the many responses I get to these videos, it appears that a number of people want to deny, or are not even aware, that there is a scientific foundation to the overwhelming consensus on climate change. In fact, the science is built on thousands of publications and many decades of observation. In this video we'll go over some of the fundamental discoveries, the basic facts that we know beyond a doubt, about global warming. Of course, many people will never believe science, because they believe that anything that challenges their world view, is all part of a secret, global conspiracy. Increases in Longwave forcing inferred from Outward longwave http Trends in Forcings www3 Downward Longwave Radiation Downward Longwave Radiation 29000 data sets, press release: www.giss.nasa.gov 29000 data sets pubs.giss.nasa.gov Global Energy Imbalance: pubs.giss.nasa.gov Isotopes: www.bgc-
Eddsworld - Climate Change See Edd, Tom & Matt save the Earth. tve asked some of the world's leading YouTubers to make films ahead of the Copenhagen climate change conference in December 2009.
Climate change A UK climate change TV advert Please visit my forums hauntedtavern.proboards83.com
Climate Science 1956: A Blast from the Past To support Climate Crocks: go to Many climate deniers still seem to think global warming was invented by Al Gore, in 2006. As this recently uncovered recording from 1956 shows, the outlines of climate change science have been clear for many decades. More Greenhouse history "In the 70s, they said there'd be an Ice Age" Excursions in Science, complete recording The Discovery of Global Warming summary of climate science history The last 55 million years - Hansen et al, Target CO2 www.columbia.edu Hansen's Bjerknes Lecture to the American Geophysical Union pdf or ppt download here www.columbia.edu
1. Climate Change -- the scientific debate A basic look at how climate scientists infer that man-made carbon gases are changing the climate, and how this view is contradicted by other climate scientists who are skeptics. I am a former science correspondent with an interest in reporting the facts, not the media hype. My thanks to 9thgate for checking my script for errors.
8. Climate Change -- Has the Earth been cooling? This video also looks at whether other planets are also warming, and an Internet myth that NASA is now attributing warming to the sun. In this video I examine the importance of sources -- tracking information back to a source and making sure the source is credible. My sources are cited in the video, but I'll also post them here. Sources are also cited throughout my climate change series. These videos are not a personal opinion or a theory of my own; I'm not a climate scientist or a researcher and I have no qualifications to do anything other than report on what real climate scientists have discovered through their research. So there's no point in disagreeing with me. If you dislike their conclusions, take it up with the researchers I cite. If I've made a mistake in reporting their conclusions, please pooint out the mistake and I will happily correct it. If you think you know better than the experts, write a paper and have it published in a respected, peer-reviewed scientific journal.
The Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See Over 8 million total views. Now there's a book: "...superbly crafted.... A must read." -Gen. Anthony Zinni, USMC (Ret.) "This book trumps most of our accounts of the global warming crisis." --author Bill McKibben "Al Gore should share his Nobel peace prize." -The "New Scientist" "This is a tremendous book and well worth anyone's time to read.... You're in for a treat—Craven is funny as well as exceptionally clear, and wise." --Kim Stanley Robinson, Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author of the Mars Trilogy and Science in the Capital "This is a terrifically thoughtful book.... Cravens book shines an illuminating floodlight on how we think about global warming." --Ross Gelbspan, author, "The Heat Is On" and "Boiling Point" On Amazon: Greg Craven (that's me!), the creator of "The Most Terrifying Video" never intended to write a book. It just sort of happened. All as a result of the two-year back-and forth I've had with the YouTube community about this video and its follow up marathon "How It All Ends." So now "What's the Worst That Could Happen? A Rational Response to the Climate Change Debate" is available from Amazon and other sellers through the links at , as well as your local bookstore (I hope!). Check it out if you're intrigued by the argument in this video. On Amazon: Trailer for the book: What the critics are saying: Download a 25-page preview: In the press: ...
Answering Climate Change Skeptics, Naomi Oreskes A presentation based off of her recent book, Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscure the Truth about Climate Change. Naomi Oreskes, author and professor of history and science studies, University of California, San Diego. From the University of Rhode Island's Spring 2010 Vetlesen Lecture Series, People and Planet Global Environmental Change. March 2, 2010.
3 - Climate Change -- Anatomy of a myth I had planned to put several myths in this video, but discovered such an appalling web of deceit and fabrication in this first one that I felt I had no choice but to thoroughly debunk it. Like many ingrained myths, this one is so ubiquitous that it takes an awful lot of hard evidence to convince true believers that it's been fabricated. A paper cited in this video was incorrectly dated. It is "The myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Consensus" by TC Petersonet al, September 2008 volume 89 issue 9, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
Freeman Dyson on Global Warming 1of2 Bogus Climate Models A prominent scientist who's followed the science of global warming from the beginning, Dyson explains why climate models have no scientific merit, why average global ground temperature is a great fiction, and what he believes the real dangers of increased CO2 in the atmosphere are. He suggests that the relatively simple solution of land use management could potentially give us the ability to control the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere at any level we'd like, and there's no need to stop burning coal and oil. From
Climate Scientist Beat Down!! Support Climate Denial Crock of the Week - go to One of the most notorious of the East Anglia Climate e-mails was written by Dr. Ben Santer, wherein he mused that he sometimes harbored the desire to "beat the crap out of Pat Michaels" - a well known shill for the fossil fuel industry. In November, 2010, the two men shared a witness table in testimony before the Congressional Science and Technology Committee. Did Ben Santer finally beat the crap out of Pat Michaels? You decide. See the entire C-span broadcast here www.c-
The Business of Climate Change Conference 2009 Jeff Rubin, the former Chief Economist of CIBC World Markets and the author of Why Your World Is About To Get A Whole Lot Smaller built his reputation as one of Canada's top economists based on a number of successful predictions including the housing bust of the early 90s and the rise of oil prices. In his recent book, Mr. Rubin predicts $225 per barrel oil by 2012 and with it the end of globalization, a movement towards local sourcing and a need for massive scaling up of energy efficiency.
What is Climate Change? presents... A quick look at what exactly Climate Change is and how its affecting our planet.
Climate Denial Crock of the Week - Climate Change and National Security To help support Climate Denial Crock of the Week Go to Climate Change will have profound implications for the security of every nation. Experienced military experts have come to some conclusions on what's coming. General Gordon Sulllivan Former US Army Chief of Staff Rear Admiral David Titley Oceanographer and Navigator of the US Navy www.navy.mil Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn National Security and the Threat of Climate Change - Report Climate Change and US Security BBC Global Observatory, National Security and Climate Change Climate change and heavy precipitation events www.usgcrp.gov and extreme heat James Woolsey, Former CIA director fora.tv
Snow Patrol - Warmer Climate Snow Patrol - Warmer Climate from the Album 'Eyes Open'(Bonus Tracks)
Climate Denial Crock of the Week- "It's cold. So there's no Climate Change" "I looked outside, and it was snowing, therefore, there is no climate change." If that's what passes for rational thought in your social group, you owe it to yourself to watch this edition of Climate Denial Crock of the Week.
2. Climate Change -- the objections This video, the second in the series, looks at alternative hypotheses explaining global warming. I am only looking at alternative hypotheses put forward by real, professional climate researchers, and the findings of real, professional climate researchers who disagree with them. Yes, I've left a lot of the detail out. This is a 10-minute video summarizing the arguments and counter-arguments, not a PhD thesis. The comments forum will be free and open, as always, but if you disagree with what real, professional climate scientists say, please take it up with them and dont expect me to defend their point of view. If you have a stunning piece of scientific evidence that disproves one side or the other, dont waste time on my channel, write a paper, and get it peer-reviewed and published in a reputable journal. PLEASE NOTE -- ERROR -- I quoted from an Oreskes Paper and incorrectly stated that nearly 700 papers "explicitely endorsed the view that man-made gases are responsible. This should read that these papers "explicitly or implicity endorsed the view that man-made gases are responsible." The papers that "implicitly" implied it were those that dealt with effects or mitigation measures. The original should not have been in quotation marks either. My apologies for the error.
Climate Denial Crock of the Week - Climate Change and National Security - Part 2 To help support Climate Denial Crock of the Week Go to Our continued dependence on fossil fuels compromises the security of every nation. Climate Deniers align themselves with those that would keep us on the cycle of boom and bust, terror and war, shortage and famine. But the world is waking up, and the professionals who take a clear eyed view of the scientific realities are leading the way. General Gordon Sulllivan Former US Army Chief of Staff Rear Admiral David Titley Oceanographer and Navigator of the US Navy www.navy.mil Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn National Security and the Threat of Climate Change - Report Climate Change and US Security BBC Global Observatory, National Security and Climate Change Climate change and heavy precipitation events www.usgcrp.gov and extreme heat James Woolsey, Former CIA director fora.tv
UN Climate Kooks: Cripple US economy & ban H2O! CFACT's Collegians wanted to see just how radical the delegates to the COP16 UN climate conference are, so they passed around a petition calling for the destabilization of the US economy.
Climate change - Is CO2 the cause? - Pt 2 of 4 Part 2 - Professor Bob Carter examines more of the data concerning climate change and Global warming. Inconvenient Truth author Al Gore would find his presentation contradicted by this presentation? Will kyoto`s greenhouse reduction goals be in vain?
Climate Scientist Beat Down!! -- (better sound quality version) Support Climate Denial Crock of the Week - go to This upload addresses a sound issue on the original "Beat down" video. I apologize for the misfires on this. One of the most notorious of the East Anglia Climate e-mails was written by Dr. Ben Santer, wherein he mused that he sometimes harbored the desire to "beat the crap out of Pat Michaels" - a well known shill for the fossil fuel industry. In November, 2010, the two men shared a witness table in testimony before the Congressional Science and Technology Committee. Did Ben Santer finally beat the crap out of Pat Michaels? You decide. See the entire C-span broadcast here www.c- More on the "email threat"- the rest of the climate-gate non story
9. Climate Change - Meet the Scientists In response to several requests, I'll put references in the video description rather than the body of the video: John Coleman listed as media graduate in 1957 University of Illinois Alumni Association Coleman claiming to be a meteorologist in Weather Channel founder suing Gore? Glenn Beck interview with John Coleman, March 5, 2008 Transcript at: Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Program list of Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (CBM) Christopher Moncktons resume: Whos Who 2010 Oregon Petition found at: Steven C. Zylkowski credentials found at: Earl Aaagard web page: www.theseventhday.tv John Stossel clip from Global Warming? Really Bad? on YouTube Bob Carter listed as palaeoclimatologist in US Senate Minority Report, epw.senate.gov Sorry to ruin the fun, but an ice age cometh Phil Chapman The Australian, April 23, 2008 Chapman bio on NASA website: www.jsc.nasa.gov Tim Ball 28 Years Professor of Climatology at the University of Winnipeg Letter to Paul Martin www.john- Tim Ball: for 32 years I was a Professor of Climatology at the University of Winnipeg. Deniers vs Alarmists in the Eco-Argument Orato website, May 28th, 2006 Tim Ball lettrt to Royal Society, listed as professor of climatology and sciencepolicy.colorado.edu University of Winnipeg website: www.uwinnipeg.ca Geography course units at the University of ...
Climate-Gate - Michael Coren with Lord Christopher Monckton - part 1 of 5 An hour with Lord Christopher Monckton, former science adviser to Margaret Thatcher and a critic of global warming theories.
Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause?- pt 4 of 4 Part 4 - Professor Bob Carter examines examples of the scientific data being ignored over popularist views about CO2 causing climate change and Global warming. Inconvenient Truth author Al Gore would find his presentation contradicted by this presentation? Will kyoto`s greenhouse reduction goals be in vain?
Climate Crock Sacks Hack Attack: The Wrap To help support Climate Denial Crock of the Week Go to Morano: Public flogging Politifact Cuccinelli Nature: Climatologists under pressure AP: Climategate not fraud House of Commons: Nothing to Climategate Pakistan heat wave: NASA Heat record data.giss.nasa.gov Record Low Arctic ice
8a. Climate Change - Phil Jones and the 'no warming for 15 years' The perfect example of what I was saying in my last video appeared soon after it was uploaded. The Internet was abuzz with a quote from Professor Phil Jones that there has been no global warming since 1995. But is that what he actually said? Once again, we need to go to the source -- Jones's own words -- rather than Internet gossip based on an interpretation of what he said. If we check the primary source, it's a very different story. In fact, Jones and his team did detect warming since 1995. In this video I go to the source, and find out why the tabloid press got things so wrong. I have to correct part of the video where I gave an example of what an 80% statistical significance would mean (for the statisticians out there, this is a p-value of 20%). I said this would mean 80% confidence that global warming was a real, underlying trend, and not the result of background fluctuations. While some statisticians accepted this as a broad explanation for the layperson, others felt it deviated too far from the precise meaning, which is this: =If global warming was not happening, there is only a 20% chance we would see this result.= A 90% statistical significance (if that's what Jones achieved) of the 1995-2009 temperature data would mean If global warming was not happening, there is only a 10% chance we would see this result. Link to Daily Mail story: Link to transcript of BBC interview:
Climate Change - Is CO2 the cause? - pt 3 of 4 Part 3 - Professor Bob Carter continues looking at the things which are problems to the idea that CO2 is driving climate change and global warming.Inconvenient Truth author Al Gore would find his presentation contradicted by this presentation? Will kyoto`s greenhouse reduction goals be in vain?